- What information we collect and why we collect it;
- How we use and/or share the information, and who we share it with; and
1. CHILDREN'S PRIVACY
b. "Cookies" are text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit or certain emails that you open. A Cookie acts as a string of information that a website stores on a user's computer, and that the user's browser provides to the website each time the user submits a query to the website. The purpose of a Cookie is to identify the user as a unique user of the Website.
In addition, ProBoard's Services may include Cookies placed by or shared with third parties, as described below in Section 2(c).
- to customize your experience on the Website to your interests
- to ensure that you do not see the same advertisements or informational messages repeatedly, and
- to store your session identifier so you do not have to re-enter it each time you visit the Website.
You can learn more about how to delete or control cookies at www.aboutcookies.org.
c. Ad Serving. ProBoards uses third-parties including Datonics for advertising and analytics for pages that we host. These third-parties may place Cookies on Your machine, use web beacons, gather IP addresses and log data to collect traffic and activity data in order to deliver relevant metrics, content, and advertising. By using our Website, You consent to us sharing a hashed, non-human readable version of your email with our partners who will drop a Cookie on Your browser and match Your email with its marketing file to create a link between Your browser and our partner's record of You, which may include Your personal information (such as IP address, browser or operating system type and version, and demographic or inferred-interest information). This link shall be shared by our partner globally for the purpose of identifying You on unaffiliated websites, apps, or online services and improving the relevance of online advertising and content, including emails, based on your browsing habits by third parties that are unaffiliated with our Website. You may opt out of Your data being used for this purpose at our partners' opt-out centers located at:
d. Personal Information Provided By You To ProBoards. In order for You to use certain of the Website services, You will be asked to provide ProBoards certain information that personally identifies You ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes, without limitation: (1) "Contact Data" (such as Your e-mail address, website URLs, and instant messaging screen names); and (2) "Demographic Data" (such as Your date of birth and gender). In each case, You will be asked to provide Personal Information; the Website will not gather it surreptitiously. ProBoards may supplement the Personal Information You provide with additional Personal Information gathered from public sources or from third-parties (e.g., consumer reporting agencies) who may lawfully provide such information to ProBoards.
You are under no obligation to provide Personal Information, with the caveat that Your refusal to do so may prevent You from using certain of the Services.
e. Information You Make Public. By registering with the Website, You are required to create a personal profile, which may include Personal Information. Personal Information contained in personal profiles is available and accessible to all visitors of the Website. The Website contains features that permit You to upload, post, transmit, display, perform or distribute content, information or other, including Your Personal Information. Any information that You choose to disclose by means of such features becomes public information over which ProBoards is unable to exercise control. You should exercise caution when deciding to disclose Your Personal Information by means of such features, and You agree to assume all responsibility for doing so.
a. Traffic Data and Information Gathered Using Cookies4. CALIFORNIA DO NOT TRACK DISCLOSURE
ProBoards analyzes Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies to help ProBoards better understand who is using the Website and how they are using it. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, ProBoards is able to better design the Website to improve Your experience, and to serve You more relevant and interesting content and advertisements. From time to time, ProBoards may release Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. ProBoards does not attempt to link information gathered using Cookies to Personal Information.
b. Personal Information
i. Generally. ProBoards uses Your Contact Data to send You information about ProBoards and ProBoards' products and services, and to contact You when necessary in connection with the Services. ProBoards uses Your Demographic Data to customize and tailor Your experience on the Website. As with Traffic Data and information gathered using Cookies, from time to time ProBoards may release Demographic Data in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Website. In addition, ProBoards shares Demographic Data with its advertisers and marketing partners so that such third-parties may provide You with advertisements tailored to Your interests.
ii. Disclosure Practices.
- Disclosure in Connection with Services. ProBoards discloses Personal Information to those who help it provide services, including those who perform technical, administrative and data processing tasks such as, but not limited to, ad serving, hosting, billing, fulfillment, and data storage and security.
- Opt-in Consent for Third Party Offers. Upon registration, and from time to time thereafter, ProBoards may provide You with an opportunity to co-register for, or otherwise receive, offers, goods or services directly from advertisers and companies other than ProBoards ("Third Party Offers"). If You co-register for or opt-in to receive a Third Party Offer, ProBoards will share your Personal Information with such third party. The proprietors of the Third Party Offers may have their own terms of service, privacy policies, unsubscribe provisions, or other policies and they may ask You to agree to the same. ProBoards is not responsible for the policies or practices of the proprietors of any Third Party Offers You opt-in to receive. You are under no obligation to co-register for or opt-in to receive any Third Party Offer.
- By Law or to Protect Rights. ProBoards discloses Personal Information when required to do so by law, or in response to a subpoena or court order, or when ProBoards believes in its sole discretion that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of ProBoards, third-parties or the public at large.
- License to User Content. By using the Website, You grant the ProBoards Parties the right to publish Your Personal Information in connection with the ProBoards Parties' exercise of their license in and to Your User Content. You further waive any claims arising from the ProBoards Parties' exercise of that right. For additional information, see Terms of Service Section 15, regarding User Content.
"Do Not Track" or "DNT" is a technology that, when used by You, sends a signal to the websites You visit communicating Your previously-set tracking preferences to the website. ProBoards does not respond to DNT signals because ProBoards does not track individual users across the Internet.
5. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL FROM PROBOARDS
By registering with the Website, you thereby consent to receive periodic email communications regarding the Services, new product offers, promotions and other matters, which emails may include the placement of pixels.
6. CONSENT TO RECEIVE EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS FROM MEMBERS
By registering with the Website, your thereby consent to receive electronic communications, including email and personal messages from other Website members.
7. SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
ProBoards has implemented and maintains reasonable security procedures and practices to protect against the unauthorized access, use, modification, destruction or disclosure of Your Personal Information.
8. USER ABILITY TO ACCESS, UPDATE, AND CORRECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
ProBoards wants Your Personal Information to be complete and accurate. By using the Website, You represent and warrant that all information You provide on any registration form or otherwise in connection with Your use of the Website and Services will be complete and accurate, and that You will update that information as necessary to maintain its completeness and accuracy. To confirm the completeness and accuracy of, or make changes to, Your Personal Information, please visit your account profile.
9. THIRD-PARTY WEBSITES
10. PROMOTIONAL ACTIVITIES
Effective Date: June 1, 2016